The mandala is a centering space for the self and the soul an art therapy tool for making order out of disorder. Mandala is a Sanskrit word for “magic circle”. Nearly every culture uses mandalas or circular image in their cultural or spiritual practices. It appears everywhere in nature and we use these symbols in our drawing of them.
Art making is an essential practice that can support our positivity and sense of wellbeing, expand our awareness, open ourselves to kindness and self-compassion, and deepen our connection to ourselves and others.
Anyone can make a mandala. If you meditate or draw a mandala mindfully you can experience a relaxed and connected sense of being and feel that everything in life is connected in some way.
We will learn:
- what a Mandala is
- how we use it for meditation
- the basic techniques to draw a mandala
- how to inspire our creativity through setting an intention
- how to get to know our true selves through watching and observing the “artist” (meditation in action)
- recognize how we react in certain situations (meditation in action)